I have long been on board the embroidery train. From when, in grade 9, I bought myself a cute, little, embroidered, Mexican folklore dress off eBay for $14.95, to when I convinced my parents to splurge on a sheer, floral embroidered designer dress for my grade 12 formal. So, you can imagine my excitement to see the trend well and truly back in.
At the moment, embroidery is back in MANY, MANY forms; sheer, all-over florals, embroidered denim, Ukrainian-style embroidered linen, embroidered leather jackets… you name it, it now comes embroidered!
- Don’t play it safe. There’s no such thing as TOO MUCH embroidery. Wear a pair of embroidered jeans with an embroidered poplin shirt or sweater.
- Because embroidery is usually brightly coloured, pair your outfit with a coloured handbag or pair of shoes to make the embroidery POP.
- If you’re going to go with embroidered booties or loafer slides, maybe keep it plain up top, but match with an embroidered handbag.
- An embroidered belt or shoes can jazz up any plain outfit, so it’s a good idea to invest in these items first if you can.
- Don’t be afraid to show a bit of skin! Wear black boyleg undies under an embroidered, sheer dress.
I’ve styled a few of my newest embroidered pieces to show you how easy it is to wear this trend.