Australia’s most popular music festival, Splendour in the Grass, is just a few days away. This is my first time back after a few years off from the festival scene, and I’ve gotta say, I’m pretty, darn excited about it! Every year when Splendour rolls around, my Instagram feed is filled with envy-inducing pics of people having the time of their lives.
As per typical, over-organised me, I’ve been checking out festival fashion inspo since around Coachella time and began planning and sourcing my outfits weeks ago because Splendour is really no longer just about the music. It’s more of a fashion parade. Gone are the days where you could rock up in literally anything and wear the same shirt for three days straight. Now, it’s all about donning the hottest trends from head to toe, as sported by it-girl celebs and bloggers. It’s also a really good opportunity to wear more radical pieces that you wouldn’t usually wear day-to-day (for me, it’s things like combat boots and fishnet stockings). Have fun with it! Fashion at Splendour is now as important as the music itself, which is why it’s crucial to nail your festival looks. And, don’t worry, it’s not too late to get your outfits in order – my favourite fast fashion stores like Asos, The Iconic and Cotton On all offer express post options.
- Embroidery/patches (think denim jackets, jeans and leather)
- The colour red
- Tie-front tops
- Black, punk-style boots
- Bomber jackets
- Mom jeans
- Faux fur
*Check out my shop page to get your hands on some of these trends.
#1. Boho babe.
#2. Modern muse.
#3. All black errythang.
- Add bold jewellery to enhance your look
- Try sunglasses in different shapes and with different lens shades
- A hat can totally change the vibe of an outfit. Take a couple with you. The black, felt hat is always a popular festival choice.
- Play with fun makeup and hair. You could put a bright pink rinse through your hair, or wear glitter around your eyes.
Stay tuned for my post-Splendour round-up with all the details of what I actually wore to the festival. Have fun if you’re heading there too!